January is officially over and we are just finishing up the first weekend of February. This may seem late to some but in this New Chapter of my life I’ve decided to be as healthy and fit as possible. This will have to entail definite of purpose, discipline, and determination. To start thing off I unfortunately cannot have dairy, so all that I eat must be dairy free or have a dairy substitute. In efforts of following through with this, I will take a pic once a month to share my progress. In addition, I will do my best to document my meals each day (Lord willing).
With that said, here is my start off Photo.
Vegan Spiced Banana Microwave Muffins (with no added fats)
3 mashed bananas (If non vegan, substitute 1 banana for 1 egg/egg white
200g wholemeal flour
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
50g brown, unrefined sugar / agave syrup / truvia …
1-2 tsp cinnamon and or mixed spice
- Mash the bananas in a separate bowl
- Measure out dry ingredients and mix them together well
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the mashed bananas and mix
- To cook — Just under half fill ramekins with your mixture, and put it in the microwave for about 2-3 minutes.
- I am making mine 1 at a time and keeping the mixture in a box in the fridge, so it should keep well for about 4-5 days? (coming from the girl who will eat anything so long as its not EVIDENTLY mouldy.)
oooh also, a sprinkle of cinnamon and drizzle of dark agave syrup on top goes down a treaaat!!!